A Snippet About The Main Writer


Julian Chong

18, Male, Malaysian. Single and available. Loves God, music, guitars, Gunpla, photography. Loves his friends too~

Jules' Photo Reel

Leave Your Message


ShoutMix chat widget

Jules' Personal Blog

Traffic Feed

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Level Up~!!

I have gone from this...A Fujifilm Finepix S602 Zoom...

......

To this...A Nikon D90~!!!
My brand new DSLR baby!!!

As Sydney would say: Big ass camera with a big ass lens~
Bought this D90 kit from a warehouse sale around PJ...
The D90 kit came with alot of stuff...
Such as...

A travel kit...
A closer look inside the travel kit...
I use this to keep the battery charger and the lens/body/viewfinder cap...


A camera bag...
A closer look inside the camera bag...

A lens hood (right)...
The thing on the left is a UV filter...
I had to purchase that separately...

D90's user manual and driver installation...

Of course the D90 kit came with a camera lens as well...
The lens model is the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR lens...

Other miscellaneous items include:
AV cable, USB cable, battery charger, viewfinder cap, camera strap...

It came with lots of free stuff too~
Such as a tripod (TR-69), mini photo frames, another camera bag, 3 pens, umbrella, 4GB SD card, a cap...

The joy of buying things at warehouse sales~
So much freebies~
Ahh~

For the price of RM4.1k...
I'd say it was a pretty good buy~
Original retail price was RM4.7k minus the freebies...

I only paid RM3k though...
My Dad paid the balance...
Thankiu Daddy!!

The D90 has so many functions wei!
I'm at a loss with what to do with it!
Need to slowly get used to the camera...

Here are some pictures that I took...

.........................................................................................................................................................
*note*
The pictures are actually much sharper when I took them...
But since I had to resize them the quality has dropped...
But it's still quite good as compared to my s602 Zoom...
And the photos haven't been edited unless specified...
Click on them for larger view...
.........................................................................................................................................................


This is called a zoom burst effect for those of you who don't know...

A personal favorite...

As you may have noticed...
I was playing around with the zoom burst effect alot...
This was one effect I couldn't create with the s602 Zoom...

I used the "Color Balance" function on my camera to edit this image after I took it...
It originally looked like this...

Pretty neat eh?
Considering it's all being done from within the D90 itself...


My old Bokeh filters still works on the D90...
But the result is only a small portion of the background can be seen...
This picture was taken in maximum zoom...
Looks like I'll have to redo all my filters!

But at least now I can cut out shapes as big as 3cm~

A personal favorite...

This picture was edited using the "Filter Effects" function...
This is called "Cross Screen" effect...
Here is what the picture looked like before...
I can select the number of points (between 4, 6, or 8) the "stars" may have...
I can also change the length and angle of the points...
This is one of my favorite functions of the D90...


A personal favorite...*note to self and others*
Try not to do these kind of shots too often...
Looking directly into the sun is NOT good for the camera's lens and definitely NOT good for the eyes...
Best is to wear sunglasses when taking these kind of shots...
But still don't do it too often...

Playing around with depth of field...
Notice the difference in the point of focus?

Another example of the "Cross Screen" effect...
Here is what it looked like before...

That's all the pictures I have for now...
I actually still have more...
But I'm saving it for my next post~

Ciaos~

.........................................................................................................................................................
*note*
As you may have noticed...
I've changed the watermarking...
This is to prevent pictures that I work so hard to take from being used without giving me credit...
And nothing you can say or do is gonna make me remove it~
*heh heh*
.........................................................................................................................................................


Quote of the day:
"The limitations in your photography are in yourself... For what we see is what we are..."
-Ernst Haas-

0 comments: