A Snippet About The Main Writer


Julian Chong

18, Male, Malaysian. Single and available. Loves God, music, guitars, Gunpla, photography. Loves his friends too~

Jules' Photo Reel

Leave Your Message


ShoutMix chat widget

Jules' Personal Blog

Traffic Feed

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bokeh Bokeh Bokeh~

Was playing around with my Bokeh filter at my dad's office yesterday...
Got some really nice shots...
In my own opinion that is...
*hehehe*

Remember how I said in one of my older posts that the size of my cut-outs can be about 3cm...
I was wrong about that part...

I forgot that when my lens is zoomed all the way the aperture is automatically set to f/5.6 (it can go higher of course... but that's the lowest value when at maximum zoom)...
So if I divide 105mm by f/5.6...
I can only cut out a shape no bigger than 18mm...
I was a bit disappointed but..
Ah wells...

I needed to do some cropping with the shaped Bokeh shots...
If I uploaded the picture uncropped...
Well...
Let's just say it isn't that nice...
At least the shapes turn out~ =]

So all the shaped Bokeh pictures that you see/will see from this post onwards has most probably been cropped before...

Here are the shots I took...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*note*
Pictures are all unedited unless specified...
Pictures have also been resized thus causing a drop in photo quality...
Original photos are much sharper...
Click to enlarge...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I found out that the Bokeh filter can be used with not only lights but plants too~

This was before the filter was applied...

For the next 6 pictures...
I used a function on the D90 that allows me to set the color of the white balance...
Thus giving me different colored shaped Bokehs...

There is this patterned window at my dad's office...
And when the sun starts to set and shines its light on to it...
The patterns on the window reflects different colors of the spectrum...
I thought it would go really well with Bokeh effects and here are my results~
I tried to get the colors of the rainbow on to a single heart shaped Bokeh...
But this was the best I could get...This shot would've been nicer if there were more hearts around...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to think of it...
I haven't showed you guys what my D90 looks like with the new Bokeh filter on...

*jeng jeng jeng*

After taking this shot above...
I kinda got carried away and started snapping more pictures of my D90...
*hehe*
It's nothing special though...
Just some ordinary shots...


Oh...
Did I mention I bought a...
Err...
Blower?
(is that what you call it?)It was a 5 in 1 cleaning kit that cost me RM38...
The set came with cotton buds, a bottle of cleaning solution, a stack of lens cleaning tissues, and a wiping cloth...

I find the cleaning solution rather useless...
Because every time I use it to clean the UV filter it seems to make it worse!!
Maybe I'm just not doing it right...
Help anyone?
*heh heh*

I'm now at a lost as to which camera equipment I should get next...
I'm stuck between the:

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 lens

The Nikon Speedlight SB-900 (external flash)

The MB-D80 Battery Grip

I've added a poll at the side bar for you readers to help me decide what to get...

Decisions decisions~
*sigh*

Oh~
By the way...
Do check out this video...
It's pretty impressive...



...........................................................................................................................

Quote of the day:
"In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality..."
-Alfred Stieglitz-

0 comments: