A Snippet About The Main Writer


Julian Chong

18, Male, Malaysian. Single and available. Loves God, music, guitars, Gunpla, photography. Loves his friends too~

Jules' Photo Reel

Leave Your Message


ShoutMix chat widget

Jules' Personal Blog

Traffic Feed

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lights - You Just Gotta Love 'Em~

Made another new set of Bokeh filters...
A few of the shapes didn't really work out...
It was either poorly cut out or too big...

But there is one shape in this set that I really like~

This looked the best out of the whole set...Haunted Baskin Robbins~

Musical Baskin Robbins~

Confused Baskin Robbins~

Cube-ish Baskin Robbins? *lol*

..........................................................................................................................

Got myself a DigiKlear LensPen...
I won it when I went to Mid Valley last Saturday~
(more about it at my personal blog)
LensPen is a cleaning tool that cleans your camera lens effectively without damaging it...

I tried it out myself and I have to say...
It's quite impressive~
Works so much better than the cleaning kit I bought~
More about it here...

A word of advice though...
Should you want to purchase a LensPen...
Make sure you get an original one...

Though "pirated" ones are much cheaper...
Would you want to have your camera's lens(es) damaged?
I don't think so...
It's gonna cost you alot more to repair/replace the lens...

The LensPen is not some super expensive item...
It quite affordable...
You should be able find it in any camera shop...
It costs around RM38...

The one I'm using is designed for cleaning LCD screens...
But it works just as fine on my camera's lens...

Click here for a flash video of the different types of LensPen, how to use it, how it works, warning about imitation LensPen products, etc etc...

Here is a closer look at my DigiKlear LensPen...

On this end is the brush that is used for wiping off dust...
It can be retracted...

And on this end would be the cleaning tip...
It can wipe of smudges and/or fingerprints...

You can read about how the LensPen compares to other lens cleaning products here...
It's towards the middle of the webpage...
You can't miss it...

.........................................................................................................................

Here are some pictures that I took a few days back...


Was browsing through one of my friend's blog and I saw some really interesting pictures that he took...


I tried it out for myself...
Couldn't get it at first...
Then my friend told me that I needed to use a *rear-curtain sync flash...
And voila~

Success!
(these were just test shots so don't expect anything great)

*"Rear-curtain sync" is a flash mode(?) that sets the flash to fire just as the shutter is about to close. The flash mode(?) normally used is called "front-curtain sync" which fires the flash as soon as the shutter opens.

With that short fun fact...
I shall conclude this post...

Ciaos~!

.........................................................................................................................

Quote of the day:
"My camera is my third eye..."
-Julian 'Jules' Chong-

0 comments: