A Snippet About The Main Writer


Julian Chong

18, Male, Malaysian. Single and available. Loves God, music, guitars, Gunpla, photography. Loves his friends too~

Jules' Photo Reel

Leave Your Message


ShoutMix chat widget

Jules' Personal Blog

Traffic Feed

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Bokeh Filter Upgrade~

I've "upgraded" my Bokeh filter from this:

To this:
This my own version of the "Sliding Bokeh Filter"~


This is very convenient when I want to change the shape...
When I was using the Bokeh filters with my S602 Zoom...
I would have to remove the cap, take out the current filter, reinsert another filter, and place the cap back on the lens...

But when I got my D90 I had to make my own cap...
The cap I used for my S602 Zoom was made from a...
Err...
Ribbon roll??
You know how toilet paper has that brown cylindrical thing in the middle to "hold" the tissue together?
Well that white transparent thing (picture above) was what "held" the ribbon together...

Anyway...
Getting back...
Since I had to make a new cap for my D90...
I decided to make a slider...

Changing the shapes is a lot faster now...
Saves me plenty of time...
Now my chances of missing a nice shaped Bokeh shot is lower~

Here are some shaped Bokehs that I took earlier...
Nothing great though...

As I mentioned in my previous post...
My shaped Bokeh shots would have to be cropped...
So the next few shots you are about to see have all been cropped except for one...

Music note shaped filter...
One of my favorite filters...


Maple leaf shaped filter...
I like this filter too~


Tulip shaped filter...

Star shaped filter...

Cross shaped filter...

Heart shaped filter...
My all-time favorite filter~

This is what my shaped Bokeh shots would look like if uncropped...
Most of the area of the picture is covered by the filter except for the center...

I seriously need to get myself a 50mm lens...
But I'm low on bread at the moment
*sobs*

Ah wells...
I'll just have to make do with what I have at the moment...

That's all I have today~
Ciaos~!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day:
"Black and white are the colors of photography... To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected..."
-Robert Frank-

0 comments: