A Snippet About The Main Writer


Julian Chong

18, Male, Malaysian. Single and available. Loves God, music, guitars, Gunpla, photography. Loves his friends too~

Jules' Photo Reel

Leave Your Message


ShoutMix chat widget

Jules' Personal Blog

Traffic Feed

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Labor Day~

Went to visit my grandmother's grave today...
We normally do this every year with my dad's side of the family...
(this grandmother is my dad's mother)

Took my D90 along...
Managed to get some nice shots...

Here they are...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*note*
Pictures are all unedited unless specified...
Pictures have also been resized thus causing a drop in photo quality...
Original photos are much sharper...
Click to enlarge...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A personal favorite...

Just as I pressed the shutter-release button...
My niece suddenly jumped in front of the camera...
Thus I managed to capture this shot...
I kinda like it~

That's my grandmother by the way...

I was taking pictures of flares again...
Only this time I didn't have any sunglasses with me...
So I got kinda blinded after a few shots...

We went for lunch at some restaurant recommended by my cousin...
The food wasn't too bad...
The people were quite friendly too...
(ok I'm straying off topic here)

The owner of the restaurant saw me taking some pictures with my camera...
And she asked me if I'd like to take pictures of some antique stuff...
Very old iron...

Another old iron...

Ancient fan...

After lunch I followed my younger brother down to One Utama for some Japanese Mother's Day thing (can't remember what it was called)...
There was supposed to be some cosplay event also...
But hardly saw any cosplayers...

Didn't really take any photos there...
But I did manage to grab a few shots...

I later noticed that there was some fashion thingy going on at another part of 1U (short for One Utama)...
I didn't go to the floor where it was being held though...
Too many people...

When I looked at the fashion show from the upper floor...
There was this horde of photographers taking pictures!
I'm guessing some of them were from the press since they had some tag around their neck...
Here is what they are doing when there are no models cat walking...
(One guy is frowning... See if you can spot him...)

And when the models come out...
Flashes are fired all over the place!
(I wonder how do models tahan all those flashes)

I also attempted to take some pictures of the models from the floor above...
Here is the one and only successful shot that I managed to take...

Well...
That's all I have for today...


'Til next time people~
Ciaos~!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day:
"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing... And when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again..."
-Henri Cartier-Bresson-

0 comments: